Some info for Desura users & fans, and also for Amnesia CS developers that would like to publish their CSs on Desura.
Article Posted by feillyne on Jul 2nd, 2012
Tons of custom stories for Amnesia: The Dark Descent were published on Desura during last months, and with the current trend of huge amounts of new custom stories added daily to ModDB & IndieDB, many more may be released in coming days, thanks to developers & mappers of Amnesia user-made stories.
All Amnesia custom stories published on Desura so far: Desura.com
Info for developers
What do you need to do to see your custom story on Desura?
Your custom story can be published only if
1) its releases (downloads) are added to ModDB/IndieDB
2) its release date is set to released (only released CSs are on Desura)
3) it installs to custom_stories folder or installs to its own single folder (like isolated conversions such as Parasomnia or Deterioration)
Also you can ensure that your mod profile
1) has some news articles added
2) has at least 7 screenshots uploaded to the Images section
3) promotional media (screenshots, videos) are of high quality & resolution e.g. in-game screenshots instead of editor screenshots
(otherwise your CS won't be shown on the main page of Desura and it may get less attention than it deserves)
"Complex" custom stories (total conversions) that install directly to the main Amnesia game directory could be also published on Desura but at the moment it's strongly unrecommended and a little discouraged due to many possible user problems with installing & uninstalling such stories through Desura (and without Desura).
It's simply easiest and best practice to have your mods install to their own folders without copying anything to original game folders or overwriting anything from the main game folders. Most modders and mods on ModDB do that unless specific game engine disallows hardcore modifications or total conversions. Parasomnia and Deterioration are examples that prove that Amnesia is highly moddable and isolated total conversions installing to their own folders are definitely possible.
Your custom story will be automatically published by Desura staff if your mod meets the first set of requirements detailed above - it has 1) download added to ModDB/IndieDB 2) it's released 3) installs in a simple way.
Thanks for reading, and best luck to all of you & all your projects!