Wandering Samurai Studios is a new game developement company create from Team members of the massive project MechWarrior: Living Legends for Crytek's title Crysis.
This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Location: Anywhere - Looking for: Level Designers
Posted by Mechlivinglegends.net on Jul 25th, 2010
MULTIPLAYER LEVEL DESIGNERS
- good working knowledge of Sandbox2 level editor features
- at least one example multiplayer map showcasing skills in asset placement and team multiplayer map layout
- ability to create maps that support large multiplayer, vehicular-based combat, including flying assets
- basic knowledge of the flowgraph editor
- willingness to learn GeoControl2 terrain generation software
- attention to detail
- teamwork skills and the ability to finish work in a reasonable amount of time
- specialisation in one particular tool of the Sandbox2 editor (ex. flowgraph editor, particle editor)
- working knowledge of GeoControl2 terrain generation software
- experience in multiple disciplines is highly valued
- the MWLL team will be offering training in GeoControl2 and associated texture placement to all approved applicants
MechWarrior: Living Legends is seeking qualified applicants to join our award winning Total Conversion team.
MechWarrior: Living Legends is currently in public open beta (most recent version 0.3.2) and are we continuing with an aggressive development schedule to add additional features to an already impressive game. MWLL was the recipient of Players Choice Mod of the Year 2009 and Editors Choice Multiplayer Mod of the Year 2009 from moddb.com and has garnered a great deal of recognition from both independent and official press outlets. The project has official sanction from Microsoft for use of the MechWarrior IP under its Game Content Usage Rules.
The MWLL team is composed of highly motivated international volunteer developers working within a professional framework. Several of our team have capitalised upon their achievements within the MWLL team and now hold positions with Crytek and other professional game development companies while continuing to participate in the MWLL project.
ABOUT MECHWARRIOR: LIVING LEGENDS
MechWarrior: Living Legends is a Total Conversion multiplayer modification for Crysis (soon Crysis Wars). MWLL is at its very core a mix between a First Person Shooter (FPS) and a Simulation (SIM). This has been achieved through the use of a mixed arms massively multiplayer gaming experience where the player takes part in a battle using a variety of vehicles and weapons. MWLL is using the concepts pioneered by the “Battlefield” franchise and more recently Crysis, of a sandbox feel where you get to play what you want and how you want it. MWLL depicts the epic struggles between the two factions of Battletech “The Clans” and “The Inner Sphere”. Maps will typically have a mix of vehicles and infantry combat, using both of these to complete objectives as a team will be essential to winning rounds or campaigns in MWLL. In the project we will be bringing some of the legends of “MechWarrior” franchise back to life with new art and animations that do justice to these huge weapons of war and also do something that’s never be done before using the deep universe of Battletech. There are so many facets to Battletech and finally comes a title that is willing to explore them.
Interested applicants can submit an application posting through our community forums (http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/forum/index.php/board,10.0.html). You may also send a detailed application via email to email@example.com but the forum method is preferred for collaborative review of applicants. Please include links to portfolio materials and methods by which to contact you.